Registration & Payments
July 23 – 30, 2017
Fees for Adults and Youngsters include all room and board, tuition for all classes, dances and activities. Youngsters under 17 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult. The Guardian rate is for adults who are not taking classes but are supervising a Youngster. Only one Guardian per Youngster.
|Children 3 and Under||Free|
The following discounts are available:
- Discounts for membership in the following organizations. To be a “member” means that you have paid annual dues or membership fees. Each membership discount is $75, maximum three different organization discounts per Registration.
|ASTA – American String Teachers Association||Boston Scottish Fiddle Club|
|CDSS – Country Dance & Song Society, Easthampton, MA.||Folk Alliance International – FAI|
|Great Plains Bluegrass & Old-Time Music Association – GPBOTMA||Potomac Valley Scottish Fiddle Club|
|Rocky Mountain Fiddle Club, Longmont, CO||San Francisco Scottish Fiddlers|
|Strathspey and Reel Society of New Hampshire||Suzuki Association of the Americas (SAA)|
|Swallow Hill Music, Denver, CO|
- Is your musical organization not listed? It may qualify. On the registration form, please provide the following, and we’ll let you know: 1)Name of organization; 2) Website; 3) Dues you paid in the last 12 months.
- Family member discount: For the second and each subsequent Adult or Youngster in the same family, subtract $80. Does not apply to Guardian rate.
- Group discounts are available to groups or five or more. Follow link for details.
- Outside USA discount. If you are coming from Canada or Central America, you are entitled to a $150 discount (per person). If you are coming from another Continent, you will receive a $300 discount. We love to have campers from all over the world!
Silver Sage Lodge, reserved exclusively for RMFC, has very convenient hotel-style rooms with capacity for 6, each with a double bed and two sets of bunks (up and down) and full bathroom. All bedding and towels are provided.
The RMFC fee includes housing for 4 in a room (more if convenient or requested). If your party is less than 4, you will be sharing a room with a similarly configured party, selected for compatibility based on age and gender.
If your party is 4 or more, you will have your own room.
If your party is 5 or 6, you may want to register for the Group discounts.
If you are a party of 3 or less, you may have a room to yourselves for an additional payment of $450 for the week (for the room, not per person). This can be requested on the registration form.
It is expected that RMFC 2017 will sell out. Reservations are accepted strictly on a first-come, first-served basis. To be sure to reserve your space, you are advised to register as soon as possible.
You may pay by credit card by clicking either the “Pay Now” or “Donate” buttons below.
|Use this button to pay deposits of $150 per person.||Use this button to pay any other amount, such as balance due, etc. Despite the button name, YOU ARE NOT MAKING A DONATION. It is a quirk of PayPal that only the Donate button allows an open field for amount.|
Please email MFLuther@aol.com with any questions or explanations about your payment.
RMFC check-in at Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) begins at 4:00 PM, Sunday, July 23. You will receive your keys to your room. Dinner is served in the Dining Hall from 5 PM – 6:45 PM, followed by the important orientation at 7:00 PM in the Chapel. Classes and workshops begin Monday morning.
Early Check-In. Many campers prefer to arrive prior to 4:00 PM Sunday. There is now an option to do so. If you would like to check in any time after 5:00 PM Saturday, July 22, (meaning Saturday night or anytime on Sunday), simply check the box on the registration form.
If you choose to do this, please note the following:
- The cost for Early Check-In is $55 for a party of one; $110 for a party of two or more.
- This will be your room for the rest of the week. Roommates may join you after check-in Sunday (unless you’ve booked a private room).
- You will be responsible for meals prior to dinner on Sunday. You can pay cash at the Dining Hall, or make other arrangements.
- No RMFC staff will be available to assist you prior to 4:00 PM Sunday. You are welcome to work directly with SMR to enjoy the many fun activities they offer.
If you are flying into Denver International Airport (Airport code DEN), please book a flight that arrives no later than 2:00 PM Sunday, July 23. We will arrange a shuttle to the camp leaving at approximately 3:00 PM. There will be a shuttle to the airport on Sunday, July 30, leaving at 8:30 AM. Please book a flight that departs no earlier than 1:00 PM on Sunday, July 30. The charge for the shuttle is $60 round trip or one way.
If you are driving to camp, please see the Map to Camp.
|May 31st and Earlier||No Cancellation Fee – all amounts paid will be refunded.|
|June 1st – June 30th||$150 per person|
|July 1st or Later||Amounts paid above $150 per person can be rolled over to 2018 or donated to the RMFC Scholarship Fund (tax-deductible). Refunds will be made through PayPal.|
The standard hotel-style lodge rooms are configured with one double bed and two sets of bunks, up and down. Thus the full capacity is six, assuming two are willing to share the double bed, and two are willing to sleep in the upper bunks. A full bathroom is included.
If you can put together a group of five or more, the following rates are available:
|Five In A Room||$785/person|
|Six In A Room||$755/person|
The group rate overrides any distinction between Adult, Youngster, and Guardian, and the group rate includes the family discount.
If your group is more than 6, the group rate will still apply, but some in your party may be sharing a room with other attendees of compatible age range and gender.
An Adult Guardian or Camper can be the designated Guardian for non-family Youngsters. Every Youngster must have a designated adult Guardian.
Your group should have a single designated Adult to receive and pay the invoice and handle communications from RMFC. The entire group should register on one registration form. (More forms if required, but still under the same designated adult name.) Multiple email addresses are fine for further communications.
Group rates apply only to those attendees who wish to live in the lodge dedicated to RMFC. If any member(s) of your group would rather bring their own tent, RV, or camper, they should register separately.
Rocky Mountain Fiddle Camp reserves the right to disallow attendance to anyone. Campers’ behavior is expected to comport with the fun, musical, and easy-going atmosphere and spirit of the camp. Any camper whose behavior contradicts such atmosphere and spirit, in the sole discretion of the Director, will be invited to leave and may be denied attendance in the future.
Starting April 1, 2017, the Rocky Mountain Fiddle Camp Scholarship Fund (RMFCSF) will consider applicants for scholarships for the 2017 session, July 23 – July 30. To be considered for a scholarship, you must send in your registration and application by May 31. No applications will be considered after that date. Scholarship Awards will be made on an ongoing basis.
The purpose of the Scholarship Program is to allow new campers to come to RMFC who would otherwise not be able to without financial assistance. It is not necessary to be an accomplished musician, simply dedicated to learning your instrument. Applicants should be able to demonstrate financial need. Prior scholarship winners, campers who have attended RMFC in the past, and those who can afford to come without assistance are not eligible.
Scholarship grants will be for part of the camp tuition; no full scholarships are awarded. Note that a Youngster (age 16 or under) must be accompanied by an adult guardian. If you apply for a scholarship as a Youngster, your guardian should be able to pay the Guardian fee ($725). Any applicant should be prepared and able to pay travel costs to and from camp.
To promote the success and raise the visibility of the Scholarship Program, recipients will be identified at camp and are expected to play in the Campers’ “Talent/No-Talent” event on Thursday evening.
To apply for a scholarship, please do the following:
1. Register for RMFC
You must be registered for RMFC beforehand or simultaneously with applying for a scholarship. If you haven’t yet registered, you can click here to register online or click here to download the Registration form. Please send a $150 deposit via mail or PayPal, noting that you require scholarship assistance. If you do not get the assistance you need, you will receive a complete refund.
2. Describe Desire to Attend & Financial Need
Describe the following to us:
- Financial need – There are several ways to describe your financial circumstances. For adults, please provide your expected annual income, total family income, current occupation, most recent taxable income, and other relevant circumstances. For youngsters, please provide the same or similar information about the household in which you live. For all applicants, other relevant information might be the size of your household, the family members you support, the family members who support you, etc. The scholarship committee may request additional information.
- Desire to come to camp – In a paragraph or two, describe your musical interests, background, and why you want to come to Rocky Mountain Fiddle Camp. Upon review, the Scholarship committee may request more information and/or references.
3. Provide a Letter of Recommendation
If you are 16 years or younger, we require that you provide a letter of recommendation (LOR) from your music instructor. This can be your private teacher, or your music director or teacher from school. He/she should send the LOR directly to the Scholarship Committee, email preferred.
4. Send An Email
Send an email to Camilla Bicknell at email@example.com with the information from Steps 2-3.
You will receive notice of any award within four weeks of providing all information to the Scholarship Committee. Good luck!