|Scottish Fiddle||Cello, Bass, Viola|
|Old Time Fiddle||Music Theory|
|Cape Breton Fiddle||Musical Saw|
|Jazz & Swing Fiddle||Mandolin, Beginning Through Advanced|
|Klezmer Fiddle||Flute, Tin Whistle.|
|Bluegrass Band Lab||Guitar, Beginning Through Advanced|
|Piano Accompaniment||Dance, Step & Highland|
|Beginning Fiddle – For Those Just Beginning||Chamber Music, String Quartets|
|Novice Fiddle – For Those With 1-2 Years Practice||Hammered Dulcimer, Bodhran|
|Fiddle Accompaniment, Harmony Fiddle||Southwest Tunes For All Instruments|
|Sunday, July 24th||Arrival Time: 4:00 – 6:00 PM Early Check-In is available. See Arrival at Camp. Dinner Served: 5:00 – 7:00 PM At 7:00 there will be orientation to explain the schedule and other important aspects of camp. You will meet the artists, who will briefly perform and explain what they will be teaching during the coming week.|
|Monday – Wednesday & Friday||There will be five class periods per day; two in the morning, three in the afternoon. It’s up to you to decide how many of the classes to attend – no one is expected to go to all five, but if you want to, you may. Thus, it’s also up to you to schedule your own free time for practicing, resting, etc.|
|Tuesday||Take your pick from five different classes!|
|Wednesday||Take your pick from five different classes!|
|Thursday||Short class day with classes ending at 2:45, followed by free time for other activities, including the exciting triathlon.|
|Thursday Evening||The ever popular campers’ “Talent/No-Talent” night. Everyone is encouraged to participate! If the night is clear, we’ll march to the campfire and enjoy s’mores and jamming around the campfire.|
|Friday||Take your pick from five different classes!|
|Saturday||Campers Concert followed by outdoor Barbeque.|
|Saturday Evening||End-of-camp celebrations.|
|Sunday, July 31st||Departure Day. No events are scheduled, just breakfast, wave the bus off to the airport (leaves about 8:30 AM), and say to all our new and old friends, “See you next year!”|
|Nightly Concerts by the Artists||Organized Called Dances Every Night|
|Organized Jams Led by Artist Staff||Slow Jams Led by Artist Staff|
|“Talent/No-Talent” Night –
|Ukulele Jam – One Night|
|Campfires||Rock ‘n’ Roll Jam – One Night|
|RMFC Famous Triathalon with Biking, Running & Miniature Golf|
|Step Dancing||Highland Dancing|
|Dance Calling||Contra Dancing|
July 23 – 30, 2017
|Children 3 and Under||Free|
The following discounts are available:
- Family member discount: For the second and each subsequent Adult or Youngster in the same family, subtract $75. Does not apply to Guardian rate.
- Group discounts are available to groups or five or more. See below for details.
- Outside USA discount. If you are coming from Canada or South of the Border, you are entitled to a $150 discount (per person). If you are coming from another Continent, you will receive a $300 discount. We love to have campers from all over the world!
- Silver Sage Lodge, reserved exclusively for RMFC, has very convenient hotel-style rooms with capacity for 6, each with a double bed and two sets of bunks (up and down) and full bathroom. All bedding and towels are provided.
- The RMFC fee includes housing for 4 in a room (more if convenient or requested). If your party is less than 4, you will be sharing a room with a similarly configured party, selected for compatibility based on age and gender.
- If your party is 4 or more, you will have your own room.
- If your party is 5 or 6, you may want to register for the Group discounts.
- If you are a party of 3 or less, you may have a room to yourselves for an additional payment of $450 for the week (for the room, not per person). This can be requested on the registration form.
|Use this button to pay deposits of $150 per person.||Use this button to pay any other amount, such as balance due, etc. Despite the button name, YOU ARE NOT MAKING A DONATION. It is a quirk of PayPal that only the Donate button allows an open field for amount.|
- The cost for Early Check-In is $55 for a party of one; $110 for a party of two or more.
- This will be your room for the rest of the week. Roommates may join you after check-in Sunday (unless you’ve booked a private room).
- You will be responsible for meals prior to dinner on Sunday. You can pay cash at the Dining Hall, or make other arrangements.
- No RMFC staff will be available to assist you prior to 4:00 PM Sunday. You are welcome to work directly with SMR to enjoy the many fun activities they offer.
|May 31st and Earlier||No Cancellation Fee – all amounts paid will be refunded.|
|June 1st – June 30th||$150 per person|
|July 1st or Later||Amounts paid above $150 per person can be rolled over to 2018 or donated to the RMFC Scholarship Fund (tax-deductible). Refunds will be made through PayPal.|
The standard hotel-style lodge rooms are configured with one double bed and two sets of bunks, up and down. Thus the full capacity is six, assuming two are willing to share the double bed, and two are willing to sleep in the upper bunks. A full bathroom is included.
If you can put together a group of five or more, the following rates are available:
|Five In A Room||$785/person|
|Six In A Room||$755/person|
The group rate overrides any distinction between Adult, Youngster, and Guardian, and the group rate includes the family discount.
If your group is more than 6, the group rate will still apply, but some in your party may be sharing a room with other attendees of compatible age range and gender.
An Adult Guardian or Camper can be the designated Guardian for non-family Youngsters. Every Youngster must have a designated adult Guardian.
Your group should have a single designated Adult to receive and pay the invoice and handle communications from RMFC. The entire group should register on one registration form. (More forms if required, but still under the same designated adult name.) Multiple email addresses are fine for further communications.
Group rates apply only to those attendees who wish to live in the lodge dedicated to RMFC. If any member(s) of your group would rather bring their own tent, RV, or camper, they should register separately.
Rocky Mountain Fiddle Camp reserves the right to disallow attendance to anyone. Campers’ behavior is expected to comport with the fun, musical, and easy-going atmosphere and spirit of the camp. Any camper whose behavior contradicts such atmosphere and spirit, in the sole discretion of the Director, will be invited to leave and may be denied attendance in the future.
To apply for a scholarship, please do the following:
1. Register for RMFCYou must be registered for RMFC beforehand or simultaneously with applying for a scholarship. If you haven’t yet registered, you can click here to register online or click here to download the Registration form. Please send a $150 deposit via mail or PayPal, noting that you require scholarship assistance. If you do not get the assistance you need, you will receive a complete refund.
2. Describe Desire to Attend & Financial NeedDescribe the following to us:
- Financial need – There are several ways to describe your financial circumstances. For adults, please provide your expected annual income, total family income, current occupation, most recent taxable income, and other relevant circumstances. For youngsters, please provide the same or similar information about the household in which you live. For all applicants, other relevant information might be the size of your household, the family members you support, the family members who support you, etc. The scholarship committee may request additional information.
- Desire to come to camp – In a paragraph or two, describe your musical interests, background, and why you want to come to Rocky Mountain Fiddle Camp. Upon review, the Scholarship committee may request more information and/or references.